The Quadrennial Convention of the International Council of Jewish Women will take place in Jerusalem, Israel, from May 22 – 26, 2022.
The theme of the Convention will be “Looking to the Future” and will focus on issues of current and future concern to ICJW and its affiliates around the world, including the co-hosting affiliate, the Council of Women’s Organizations in Israel.
Sunday May 22
Opening Reception at the Shalva National Center with the Mayor of Jerusalem, other local dignitaries, and members of the Council of Women’s Organizations in Israel
Monday May 23
- Panel Discussion on “The Situation in the Ukraine and Central Europe”
- Discussion on “The Future of the Jewish Communities of Central Europe”
- “The Future Looks Bright for Women” – updates on women’s health, the environment, economic independence, and tech tools for women (organized by the CWOI)
- Presentations by Israeli Affiliates on the Future for Women
- Tasting Tour of the Mahane Yehuda Market
Tuesday May 24
- Visit to Ben Gurion University in Beer Sheva for presentations on Sustainability & Climate Change
- Visit to Southern communities for conversations with Jewish and Bedouin residents
Wednesday May 25
- Panel Discussion: “Empowering Jewish Women to Deal with Violence & Abuse”
- “The Future of Get Refusal in Israel & Around the World” with Susan Weiss
- ICJW Business Sessions
- Gala Closing Dinner & Handover Ceremony
with Guest Speaker: Fleur Hassan-Nahoum, Deputy Mayor of Jerusalem, plus Music & Dancing
How to Register
Please register by May 20.